We do not have a season for trekking. But, the seasoned trekker does get the urge when the season changes. Here are some beautiful treks earmarked for your next trek.
- Beach Trails – Gokarna
Event time: Friday, 3 March 2017 9:00 PM – Monday, 6 March 2017 5:00 PM
Organised by: aMadNomad
Cost: Rs 3,300
Event details: Gokarna has plenty of beaches and is ideal for spending the weekend exploring the view and watching for dolphins. You go in the minibus at 9:00 PM and reach the spot on the first night.
- The adventure begins with a small hike to Kudle beach, a top hippie destination. We follow this up with a trek to Om beach
- Next, we visit the Half-moon beach. You get refreshing coconut water here.
- Towards sunset we reach the Paradise beach.
- We spend the night around the bonfire with some seafood for dinner.
- Have an early morning dip in the sea.
- Go to Om beach and have a great lunch there. The famous Namaste Café serves some delicious fare.
- Go to town and explore the place. Do some shopping and bring back souvenirs.
- Go to Nirvana beach and spend some time there.
- Have dinner and head back for Bangalore.
This is one of the best chances for trekking near Bangalore because it offers plenty of beaches to explore.
- Kodachadri trek
Event time: Friday, 17 March 2017 9:00 PM – Sunday, 19 March 2017 4:00 PM
Organised by: Nature Walkers
Place: Kodachadri, Bangalore
Cost: Rs 3,099
Event details: The literal translation of Kodachadri is Jasmine in the hills in the native language. This place has plenty of waterfalls among the many mountain peaks. The centre of attraction is Hidlumane Falls located in the centre of the valley.
You get a stunning view of the valley from the peak. The night journey adds to the thrill of the trip. This is located at a height of 1,343 metres and is a natural heritage site.
First, we start from Bangalore and reach the Kodachadri base. The first day we begin the trek to Nitturu and is moderate in difficulty. You can see many natural scenic splendour such as rocky paths, green meadows, waterfall, forest thickets, and peaks of the mountains. After reaching the peak, we head back to the homestay in a jeep. We have dinner and campfire.
We have breakfast and head to Nagara Fort by bus. Spend some time in the fort and head back to Bangalore.
- Tadiandamol trek
Event time: Friday, 3 March 2017 8:00PM – Sunday, 5 March 2017 4:00PM
Organised by: Nature Walkers
Place: Tadiandamol, Bangalore
Cost: Rs 2,999
Event details: You make an overnight journey into Chelavara Village. You reach homestay in the morning. After breakfast, you begin the trek from Nalknad Palace. Go to the peak of Tadiandamol and return to base.
Next day, after breakfast we visit the Namdroling Monastery. We spend some time there and head back to Bangalore.
On the trek, you call the shots and so you must be careful. If you are not experienced, then pick a trek that is easy and meant for beginners.