Stopovers are pretty common when it comes to business trips or long tours, especially in metropolitans. Delhi by virtue of being not just the capital of the country but also for being located in a prime location is one of the most frequented stopovers for both travellers as well as for those who are travelling for business.
So well, if you have a recent stopover scheduled at Delhi, then there are a few things that you can follow in order to make sure that you get the well deserved rest and make it as cost friendly as possible:
- If you will be staying in Delhi for a few hours, like say from 11 in the morning till about 6 in the evening and then take a flight or catch a train, then you can always book hotels on hourly basis in Delhi. In these hotels you will just have to pay the cost on an hourly basis, instead of the standard 24 hours cost. Most of these hotels have flexible check in times and hence you will end up saving a lot of money and that too with the convenience intact.
- Well if you are on connecting flights and you are scheduled for a short stopover in Delhi, then most reputed airlines offer you money or credits or a stay at a hotel which they will arrange for you, especially if it is an overnight stopover. Always opt for the hotel option, since then you will get the much needed sleep at night and not have to spend the night sleeping on the uncomfortable airport chairs. Choose comfort over money for your own benefit, because ultimately this will come in handy than the cash that they will provide you.
- If you are taking a stop in Delhi for a few hours during a tour and if you are up for some hectic tours, then you can always cover some of the many places of interest that this city has to offer. You can visit the Red Fort and the Qutub Minar complex, which you will be able to cover in a few hours. Just make sure that you reserve a car for the day so that your mobility remains in your hand. If you do not plan to book a room, then it is necessary that you have a car with you so that you can keep the luggage there while you explore the important places of city.
- If you are going to Delhi for a business trip, then travel light. Do not carry a lot of clothes, until and unless you really need to. When you have a light weight luggage with you, moving around the place becomes easier.
- And last but not the least do not skip a meal when there is a stopover, especially if your further plans are hectic. You do not want to fall sick surely and hence it is best that you get yourself a proper meal once you reach the capital. Keep it light.
These are some very practical pointers that will surely help you to enjoy your small stopover in Delhi!